Thursday, April 3, 2014

Turning It Around

I woke up this morning feeling like I could actually conquer the world. I almost wrote a post during breakfast to say, 

"la-la-la-la all is right with the world! i just drank a green smoothie and ran around the block a few times. HURRAH FOR ME!" 

Thank you Jesus for keeping me from writing that blog, because I would have been annoyed with myself only moments later. During the next two hours, I found out that a parent was extremely upset with one of their child's therapist's (which I need to take care of), my mom thinks that I should come and visit NOW, and while I was able to get a lot accomplished, I just felt ugh - yuck. I had to literally keep counting in my head to make my stress level go down, I could feel my blood just pulsing. 

With DID, it is sometimes very easy to go down a rabbit hole. I get upset, and then BAM....bye, bye, Kitty. Sometimes the situation gets taken care of, and sometimes it doesn't. 

Sometimes, my work is rough and I seriously worry about my sanity. Sometimes, I have to just sit there and pray to avoid exploding. I was feeling like this yesterday, and after some prayer, I seriously felt renewed and got work done more quickly than I have in awhile and just felt ahhhh.... good. Today I've been lied to and annoyed and it just feels like one step forward, six steps back. 

So here's my plan of attack - 
I'm going to drink a big bottle of water. 
I'm going to read psalm 16, because for whatever reason - it's doing my heart good these days. 
I'm going to fold this laundry so it doesn't get crinkled. 
Tonight, when I get home from work, I'm going to do biggest loser yoga because it is hard and makes me sweat and makes me feel productive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment